Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Pretty enough to eat






In this month's issue of Domino Magazine, I came across a design feature of a Brooklyn based boutique owner's home. I was mesmerized with her living room - a white canvas that provides a grounding contrast for vibrant Indian fabrics - antique silks, embroidered cottons, kullu shawls.

She first visited India in 1989 and turned her passion for color and pattern into a successful business. I can't wait to visit her boutique - Layla in Brooklyn.

The picture of these glass bangles looked pretty enough to eat. Of course, it doesn't help that I just got back from a very relaxing trip to India and am homesick for the colors and aromas that I associate with home.

2 comments:

Radha said...

Love your blog!! You have to be more regular with it!! :-)

AWY said...

hello.. lovely blog, acquin chech.. i love these pics. and the colours.